Thursday, November 8, 2007

update

I didn't mean to take a sabbatical from blogging…though it seems as though I did.  It has been very difficult for me to put my words down on paper/screen the last month or so.   I changed jobs, which put me through a mini-anxiety attack with all the transitional issues and struggles of leaving people and starting over with new.   This past month has been one of insanity as the storm raged in the middle of the transition.  Little fires mostly, but just like real fire, several little ones can add up to an entire forest fire…which is what I felt like I was trying to put out for a few days.  

 

But now as I'm settling into this new position and my routine is becoming more normal, my sanity level has returned to a normal state, which I will not try to justify!

 

A quick update on where we are in ministry.  I've not said much about it on the blog, but we have stepped into the waters once again.   This time, it's on our own terms though.  My wife and I along with about 10 of our friends are beginning our own new church start.   We've been meeting for a few months now as a bible study group of friends, supporting one another in our issues with the CLB and working toward healing.  But we all knew that God wasn't going to let us just stay that way on our own.   So now a new journey has begun…

 

Joanne and I are founding our personal ministry called "Grace Unlimited Ministries," under which the church start will be placed.   We don't have a name for the church yet, but we are working on it.  It's quite crazy when you get a bunch of friends together to try to come up with a name for a church, not religious and not traditional in any sense.   Some of the name offerings have been quite funny.

 

Another update.  My daughter is growing up so much.  I was watching her sleep last night and it just takes my breath away.   She'll be nine in a couple of months and it's breaking my heart.  She's growing into a beautiful woman…which is wonderful and terrifying at the same time.   I can't believe the little girl who sits on my lap will some day grow up to be a young man's wife.  It increases my prayer life…as does everything lately!

 

Well, I promise to get back on this blogging horse, so please check back with me.  I will be writing again, especially now on this journey of church starting.   This weekend we're going to be dreaming about who and what we will be.  Maybe I'll share some of those dreams next week.   Until then, blessings.

No comments: