Wednesday, June 20, 2007

spiritual formation

I feel bad it’s been almost a month since I last posted.  My writing has been suffering lately.  Just not been feeling like writing, though I know that it’s something I need to do, almost every day. 

 

In our church lead team we share with each other something we call “spiritual formation” and it is when we share with group something or things we need to do to help us in our walk with God that we want to be held accountable to be doing.  I guess I’ll share my formation with you, and you can check on me and see if I’m doing it okay?  But the key is that you have to pray for me if you are going to hold me accountable!!  (Sneaky way of getting people to pray for you, I know.)

 

I am struggling of late with trust.  I’ve written and I’ve taught about trusting God many times, but it is working in my life right now.  The Bible says that God’s word worked in Joseph until it came to pass.  Well, I feel that word “trust” is trying to be worked into me right now.  I do covet your prayers.  Life has been hard of late, worries about money and sadness over loss of brothers and sisters crop up.  Rain falls on the just and the unjust, it’s just a part of life and Jesus said we’ll have days like this!!  (John 16:33)

 

Good things have happened, as I had a car given to me this past week.  So if anyone is interested in buying a 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis, email me!!  I need to get rid of the old boat.  My new car, a little Suburu, is a standard transmission, so I’ve learned how to drive a standard in this transaction.  I’m learning to like it a lot.  (I like the gas mileage even more!!)

 

So if you’re the praying type, offer a prayer for me when you read this, that I would trust Father God a whole lot more and believe that he will come through for me…as he always has.  He’s never left me forsaken; he’s never failed me, though I screw up all the time.  That’s the definition of love! 

 

No comments: