Monday, February 5, 2007

Sarah's Big Day

Today, my baby turns 8 years old. I can’t believe it. If you know me, you know that I hate to admit the fact that my little girl is growing up. I cry every year that she starts a new grade at school. And today she turns eight. My mind automatically turns to she is only going to be in school ten more years and then college and what then?? I know I sound demented and a sad case, but I really love being a dad and love being my little girl’s daddy in particular. She is a joy to me. I love to stand in the door in the dark mornings before I leave for work and listen to her breathe.

I pray for her this day of celebration of her birth that God will always surround her. Keep her safe and draw her to His side every day. I pray for the right friends, right boyfriends, eventually a godly, righteous husband who I will love calling my son-in-law. I pray that she will follow the dream God gives her and that a counterfeit dream/vision/plan for her life she will not follow. I pray that she will always be in love with God and have an intimate personal relationship with Him and that the gifts and callings that are on her life will become real and alive to her even now as a young girl. I pray that her mom and I will always have a close relationship with her and that the enemy will not divide or cause separation in our family. She will grow and mature and spread her wings when it is time and not in rebellion, but in the timing and purpose of God. I pray for strength of character for her, leadership ability and continued intelligence to go along with whatever she wants to do in life. I pray that she will always be healthy, whole and strong with the strength and life of God in her body, soul and spirit.

Bless you, Sarah, today and forever. Daddy loves you.

No comments: